As a former small business owner, John has made job creation the top priority of this Congress. John wants to help small businesses – not big government – create new jobs without raising taxes or increasing spending. That's why John and his colleagues outlined A Plan for America’s Job Creators, a blueprint for long-term economic growth that's rooted in the Pledge to America and designed to remove barriers to private-sector job creation. John's plan would:
- Empower Small Business Owners and Reduce Harmful Regulatory Burdens
- Simplify the Tax Code to Help Job Creators
- Increase Competitiveness for American Manufacturers
- Encourage Entrepreneurship and Growth
- Maximize Domestic Energy Production to Ensure an Energy Policy for the 21st Century
- Pay Down America's Job-Crushing Debt Burden and Start Living Within our Means
As John sees it, one of the biggest threats to the economy right now is uncertainty — uncertainty over taxes, over regulations, over the future. John’s plans will help provide job creators with the certainty they need to invest, grow and hire new workers.