- CREATE JOBS, LOWER TAXES: By letting families and small businesses keep more of what they earn.
- TIGHTEN WASHINGTON’S BELT: By making sure the federal budget doesn't grow faster than family budgets.
- REFORM HEALTH CARE, ENTITLEMENT PROGRAMS: By aiming to expand access to affordable health care for every American, while preserving Social Security and Medicare for future generations.
- END THE BAILOUTS: By protecting taxpayers and reforming the financial system so this crisis never repeats itself.
- KEEP ENERGY & FUEL COSTS LOW: By encouraging an “all of the above” energy strategy that harnesses new technologies, encourages greater conservation and efficiency, and increases American energy production in an environmentally-safe manner.
- PROTECT PURCHASING POWER: By fighting inflation so the prices of goods and services Americans depend on every day remain stable during and after this economic crisis.
Boehner has been critical of the President’s $3.6 trillion budget proposal, calling it an “anti-stimulus” that “raises taxes on everyone – from middle-class families to small businesses to seniors and to schools.”
Boehner also blasted the President’s proposed $646 billion energy tax, saying it “punishes anyone who have the audacity to flip on a light switch.” Boehner said the energy tax “means less money in the family budget and more jobs being shipped overseas.”
Under Boehner’s leadership, Republicans haven’t been shy about proposing new solutions to help boost our economy and create new jobs. The Republican economic recovery plan proposed in January would have created twice as many jobs – 6.2 million of them – twice as fast as the trillion-dollar “stimulus” that passed.
- Enquirer: “Thousands Gather for ‘Tea Party’” (3/16/09)
- Boehner Thanks “Cincinnati Tea Party” Participants (3/13/09)
- Boehner Calls for Spending Freeze, Opposes Energy Tax (3/12/09)
- Boehner Calls on Obama to Veto Massive Spending Bill (3/11/09)